Wednesday 20 June 2012

How I Curl My Hair: Babyliss Curling Wand

Long Glamorous hair has been a dream of mine forever; my hair was just not blessed with volume! So I thought I would do a review on a product that I really like using and gives my hair a bit of body.

The Babyliss Curling Wand has been a lifesaver for me, I can create gorgeous loose waves quick and easy, I also think its a great summer look.


What it is:
The Wand has a 13-25mm conical barrel for beautiful, free flowing curls. It includes a protective glove and has variable temperatures to give you ultimate control of your hair needs. 
If you want tight curls then wrap small sections of hair tightly round the barrel and leave to curl for a few seconds. For looser curls wrap wider sections.
The wand itself is very sleek and easy to handle. The heat proof glove is great for getting as close to the wand as you want without burning your fingers! The first time I did this I ended up with the most ridiculous ringlets but its all about trial and error. I like to use the larger end of the barrel and only curl half way up my hair. This gives a nice, modern, Lauren Conrad-esq look

My only gripe with this curler is that it is so easy to knock the on/off button and turn if off without even realising.

How I do it:
 
♥  To start off I have blow dried my hair. My hair is quite thick and a bit frizz prone so if I don't dry it I look like a cross between a poodle and cousin It. Always make sure you use a heat protection spray before you use hot tools. The one I'm using at the moment is just Superdrugs own brand.

 

Next take your Curling Wand, I heat mine to the second hottest temperature which is about 180 degrees.



Section your hair and start to wrap your hair around the wand and hold in place for about 10 seconds, or until you are happy with the look. I like to alternate the direction of the curls to give my hair a bit more volume and excitement. When doing the front sections always point the wand away from your face.



  Repeat the same process with the rest of the sections of your hair
(Please excuse the phone pics in this post)
♥Finish with a spray of hair spray to hold in place. For extra volume a bit of back-combing of the roots works a treat.

I really do like this wand. Overall it takes me about 15 minutes to curl my hair and I find they stay in place all day. I would definitely recommend this product.

I got this for Christmas but you can buy it from Boots and Argos etc for about £25.

What's your Hair Styler of choice?






5 comments:

  1. haha love the pictures! I've got a babyliss curling wand but my hair isn't as long as yours so it really doesn't work great for me :( x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely considering saving up for this - I had no idea you could get it for only £25!! Lovely curls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for it, its such a bargain and i love the look it gives :) x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this demo! You should do a video as well. I've been thinking about getting a BabyLiss curling wand for some time and I might just have to get on it now!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...