Thursday 22 May 2014

J'adore Paris!

As the girls and I haven’t got a group holiday this year we decided to day trip to Paris!! It’s crazy to think Paris is only a couple of hours away on the train, for some people it would be quicker to visit France than another part of the UK!
I’ve been to Paris on a school trip years ago but thanks to a cheeky Groupon deal I managed to get to see the sights with my best friends. It was a long day. And by long I mean a 4am start! As sleepy as we were we managed to dig out our prettiest spring outfits in the hope the weather would be just as nice there as it has been here.
We got to St Pancras station at 6.00am and were well and truly ready for a coffee, i’d never seen it so quiet! We Decided to take some prosecco on the Euro star to make it extra special, the whole carriage cheered when we popped the cork, great start!
We arrived in Paris and just as we had hoped the weather was stunning! We went straight to the Eiffel tower and I’m sure the weather helped but it really did look beautiful.
Our deal included fast track entry into the tower as well as a 2 course lunch and champagne. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect with the lunch and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Main was chicken and potatoes with mascarpone and truffle foam followed by a chocolate praline torte which was to die for.
After lunch we ventured further up the tower and what a view!
Next on our agenda was a trip down the River Seine. Again the weather made this part even better it was so relaxing, the scenery was gorgeous and sailing past Notre Dame was the cherry on the cake.
For the rest of the afternoon we headed over to the Louvre. We had the chance to pay extra and explore but as the weather was so nice we decided to explore the side streets and make the most of the weather. Obviously we had to have an obligatory Louvre photo.
The streets are so pretty filled with patisseries and little shops. Now if there’s one thing France knows how to do its carbs, how amazing does this bread look! I also had my first macaroon which went down a treat.
Finally we headed back to the coach and back on the Eurostar with a bottle of red wine. Four very happy but very tired girls.

I can’t recommend a day trip to Paris enough. I would have loved to have stayed longer and really explore the entire city but if you get the chance to go I can’t recommend it enough.

I must thank my friend Holly for some of these photos, she has a snazzy DSLR and it just makes me want one even more, time to get saving.

Have you ever been to Paris? Where would you recommend going on a girlie trip?











3 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness Paris is so amazing! 6:00am sounds like a crazy time to be out and about but for Paris definitely worth it. You got so many great pics too. Glad you had a good time :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely worth it would do it all again :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love Paris. I've been a couple of times now and it just never stops amazing me! Gorgeous photos. It's crazy how close Paris and London are!

    Katie x and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...