Monday 22 October 2012

Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman are no stranger to the blogging world, I think the majority of beauty bloggers own at least one or have them on their wish lists. To be honest this time last year make up brushes had never bothered me, I would use the free ones if I got them with a product but never thought about actually purchasing good quality ones. Well thanks to blogs and You Tube that has all changed and I know see the importance of brushes.

I received the Core Collection for my birthday back in July. I didn't do a review on these just because there are so many amazing reviews out there I didn't really think mine was needed.

However, I thought I would bring your attention to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I have been using this to apply my foundation every day since July, it comes everywhere with me and after I came back from holiday I stayed over at my boyfriends parents house as mine is 2 1/2 hours away from the airport. The following day when I arrived back at my house and went to apply my make up I couldn't find my beloved buffing brush anywhere! This then lead to my mad panic of  'How the hell do I apply my foundation without it!?' Do I use my fingers, do I use a cheap brush? I actually cannot believe how lost I was!

After a lot of faffing and panicking I finally found the brush after remembering I had already used it earlier that day. Idiot.

Anyway the point of this ramble is to say I actually don't know what I would do with out this brush, it applies my foundation effortlessly and give it a flawless finish. The brush is so soft yet dense it buffs the foundation in beautifully.

Real Techniques Brushes can be purchased from Boots here, the Core Collection is £21.99 for 4 brushes which is amazing value for money.

Do you own any Real Techniques brushes? How do you apply your foundation?


5 comments:

  1. I have read so much about this brush, everyone is raving about it! I was in boots a few weeks ago adding to my brush collection, I picked these up but I decided to get the Eco tools instead, maybe ill get these as well haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Have heard good things about eco tools too but these are well worth the rave reviews! x

      Delete
    2. After watching Pixiwoo and Lyndsey Harrison youtube tutorials i decided my decade-old brushes needed replacing, i was first tempted by Mac brushes and bought a couple, but the price tag meant i couldn't afford to stock up in one go and the choice can be a bit baffling when you're not too sure what you need! Cue Real Techniques, upmarket quality at high street prices, the stippling brush is my fave but they are all brilliant!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, I love this brush so much and I'm always telling people to buy it. It's such a shame that you can't buy this brush on it's own, but it's so worth paying £21.99 for the whole set just to get another one. I'm always lost when I'm waiting for this brush to dry (after I've washed it) or if I'm out and this isn't with me. Love this brush! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarrassed to say that I use my fingers.
    Ashamed is more like it.
    And now I'm convinced I need a buffing brush. Will it work with liquid foundation or is it for mineral powder only?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...