Wednesday 31 October 2012

Caudalie Beauty Elixr

Caudalie Beauty Elixr


Hi ladies! So today's review is a product that is brand new and you will have never heard of before…if you have been living under a rock. I know I'm a bit late to the party but I wanted to use the whole bottle before I gave you my thoughts.
The Caudalie Beauty Elixir took the beauty blog land by storm and is a product I have been tempted to buy for quite some time. The reason I put it off for so long is the price. At £9.90 for 30ml it’s not the cheapest and when you have bills coming out of your ears it’s not always possible for me to afford all the lovely products I would like to try.
Anyway at the end of summer I finally got round to purchasing this from Feel Unique, which was great timing as it came with 2 free Caudalie samples!
I think the thing that really drew me to this product is the fact it’s marketed as a ‘Beauty Elixir’ and not just another toner (which I think essentially is what it is) makes it seem that little bit more luxurious.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir smooths features, tightens pores, and gives the complexion a burst of radiance. An excellent base for make-up, Mist onto the face before your moisturiser and at any time of the day.
Apply between your foundation and powder to perfectly set make-up.this water awakens the skin in the morning and livens it up before a night out.

I have been using this after cleansing and it feels lovely on my skin, it leaves me with a really fresh feeling. I like the way the product has a pump so I can easily spritz it over my face.
 I'm always on the hunt for products that make my make up last any longer than it usually would. At first I found it quite strange applying it after my foundation but before my powder, as I've never used a setting spray before but I really did like the finish it gave.

It’s very heavily scented, which I know some people find off putting but I actually quite like it it reminds me of vicks or eucalyptus when I spray it I take a deep breath and find it quite relaxing. 

The one negative point I have with this product is that it does contains a lot of alcohol, which I usually try to avoid but it hasn't effected my skin in any way taht I can tell.

After a lot of consideration I would repurchase this. It's refreshing, sets my make up and I just really enjoy spritzing it all over my face and that's a good enough reason for me. I know I'm usually a bargain hunter but skincare is the exception, if I do like a product I have no guilt repurchasing.

Have you tried the Caudalie Beauty Elixir? What other Caudalie products would you recommend?





6 comments:

  1. I didn't try this when the buzz initially hit. It's died down a lot now, so I'm glad I stuck to my guns and didn't get it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to by products after the hypes died down I think it can affect peoples opinion when everyone is banging on about it xx

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about purchasing this for a while! Think I'm just building up to it a little bit at a time! Eksh - such an investment and I'm not sure what it would actually do for my skin! Mmm.. still debating

    Rebecca xx
    P0LARMILK.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took be ages to buy it but i'm glad i did, ive spent more on worse products! x

      Delete
  3. I love this stuff I just wish the large bottle wasn't so expensive!! I may get this size the next time but I then I may end up flying through it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Id like to but the bigger bottle but im just gonna have to stick with the small ones for now x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...